Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011

Christmas has been a whirlwhind of family, traveling, fun, and lots of firsts.  Obviously it was Rilyn's first Christmas so that was tons of fun and I loved every minute watching her enjoying all Christmas has to offer.  It still amazes me that I can just sit and watch her do the most simple things and receive such immense joy. 

Highlights of Rilyn's first Christmas
  • Rilyn was very particular to pull all the wrapping paper off of presents and hand it to one person (daddy).  She also liked ripping it into very small pieces to hand to Tyler.
  • Rilyn's smile when she realized she had a couple new toys Christmas morning left by Santa.
  • Rilyn loving on every single Decker on Christmas Day after her nap for an extended amount of time.
  • Rilyn's babble on her pretend cell phone
  • Just knowing she is happy, loved for, and there will be even more fun things to do with her throughout the season.
Although, our Christmas didn't go exactly as planned I think it turned out great.  We were supposed to head to Montana (as you should have read in Tyler's last post) and since we didn't make it we spent Christmas Eve at our house with just the 3 of us.  Tyler and I decided long ago that when we are not in Montana, Christmas Eve is just our little family time.  We cook tons of yummy appetizers, bake and decorate some amazing cookies, open gifts, drink yummy drinks, and watch It's a Wonderful Life.  It was so much fun and I love just spending time with Tyler and Rilyn and focusing on us.

On Christmas Day, we went to Tyler's parents house for yummy food, good conversation, and gift opening.  I love that Tyler has so many siblings and they have amazing significant others because it makes for some really great conversations and just tons of fun.  We did miss his brother Clint and his wife Megan though :( .  We are all going to get together again in January to have another Christmas celebration since Megan and Clint couldn't make it and we were supposed to.  Yea more Christmas!

The next day, Rilyn and I headed to Montana and made it in 9 1/2 hours.  She traveled pretty well.  We had Christmas with my family that day, and it was a lot of fun watching her cousins "help" her open her gifts.  We have been helping my mom who had surgery on her foot a week ago, visiting, and lots of playing/cuddling/talking to papa.  Oh and Rilyn took her first steps today!!  She took 2 steps one time and 3 steps another time. 

We also celebrated Cyrus's 5th birthday today at The Reef, which is a really cool indoor water park here.  Cyrus seemed to have tons of fun and I was happy we got to celebrate with him. 

We are headed back to Denver tomorrow morning, and I am so excited to see my husband and spend some time with him.  Being away from him helps me see how lucky I am to be married to someone that does so much with Rilyn and just in general for me.  I absoultely need him and cherish everything he does!

I will post a pictures post soon, but for now I need to get to bed and get some rest before that long drive tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment