Sunday, January 26, 2014

Happy Number 3 Rilyn!

Rilyn turned 3 on Tuesday and we've been doing lots and lots of celebrating.  It was fun that she has been anticipating her birthday this year and can have some input into the celebrations.

On Tuesday, I took the kids swimming.  Rilyn had some choices and swimming was the one she chose.  So, off the 3 of us went...the kids both had a blast and we are lucky to have a pool with a great kid section for them to splash in.  I was pretty nervous to be honest since they both would need me the whole time, but they stayed close enough so we didn't have any scares.  I was physically very exhausted by the end of the day though.  As much as I love taking them, it takes a lot out of me to do it alone at 6 1/2 months pregnant.  Unfortunately, the picture I got of Rilyn was too dark to see, but I did get one of Ryder (who LOVES the water still).


Tuesday night we met Grandma Decker and Gigi for dinner at Red Robin.  Rilyn loved that they sang to her, gave her ice cream, and gave her a balloon.  I think her balloon might have been her favorite present.  We had some drama when the balloon popped a couple days later!
After dinner, she got to come home and open her gifts.





Yesterday was Rilyn's Pancake and Pajama Party.  She was very excited about everyone coming in their pajamas, and we ended up staying in our jammies all day.  We were so blessed to have so many family and friends come and love on Rilyn.  She was beyond excited to have everyone here. 

We had 3 different kinds of pancakes: blueberry, buttermilk, and chocolate chip.  Lots of delish toppings, quiche, and fruit.   We also had OJ, chocolate milk, and coffee to drink.  










Grandma Decker made these cute little "bacon and egg" toppers for the cupcakes.  I thought they were adorable!  It was also so nice to have some help with the little details of the party I made not have gotten too.


Rilyn and her friend made fruit loop necklaces and Rilyn really enjoyed eating hers throughout the party.

We had to get some cousin pictures!  Xander is getting so big already!


Rilyn's been enjoying playing with all her new toys...and hasn't quite come down from party excitement.


And I had to put this picture of Ryder in here because ha he is just so cute!


Happy Birthday Rilyn!



No comments:

Post a Comment