Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas, Christmas, Christmas

I can't believe I didn't post anything about Christmas!  It's such a busy time and I guess I just forgot.

We finally got to Montana where we spent lots of time cooking, eating, visiting, and watching Rilyn play with her cousins.   I'm so glad we got up there this year.  Also, Rilyn was way more into the gifts this year and had a lot of fun seeing what presents she got.  She loved the idea of Santa and is still talking about him every day.

cooking with Grandma

Ryder hanging out with Uncle Sam

Lovin on the cousins

Gotta have a kids talbe!

opening gifts

ho ho ho

Mr and Mrs Claus

Christmas Eve snuggles
Lovin on the husband

Telling Great Grandpa some stories
Christmas Day at Grandma Hermans
Ryder spent most the trip in Papa's lap
Opening gifts

When we got home we had Christmas with Tyler's parents and his sister Stacey and our new brother in-law Jason.  I'm very sad to report I didn't take a single picture that night, but did take some before we went over.  We had delicious mexican food, not one not two but 3 desserts, and we all got spoiled as usual!




We also had our own little family Christmas.  We limit the kid's gifts to 5 each (something you want, something you need, something you wear, something you read, and something you share).  It helps keep me on a budget, be mindful of the gifts we buy, and not overwhelm the kids with too much stuff.  We really like doing presents this way and plan on continuing this tradition.





Zoe enjoying her, Trixie and Porter's toys from their stockings
And last but not least today we had all the Decker's over for our sibling gift exchange.  We had a delicious brunch and caught up with everyone and George helped Tyler put trim on 2 of our windows. We have 5 windows left to trim but now we can get the kids' rooms put together!  I haven't taken pictures of the trim but maybe will tomorrow when we tackle putting up Rilyn's bunk beds!!!

Seriously, I have no  idea what we would do without George and Yvonne!  They help us with stuff all the time and take the kids whenever we need them too.  We really appreciate them and are so incredibly blessed they live close to us!!

I didn't take any pictures today but Carly sent me some.  We love when she brings her camera along and gets good shots of the kiddos!

Seriously!!!  Where does the time go.  He looks like a boy right here and not a baby!!
















3 comments:

  1. Ryder's Santa costume is the best thing I have ever seen. I love that! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I recognize that wagon ;) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I recognize that wagon ;) hehe

    ReplyDelete