Saturday, October 18, 2014

First Foods

Sawyer has been acting ready (really ready) for some "real" food for the last couple of weeks.  I've been trying to ignore him because I had no intentions of giving him solid food until he was at least 6 months.  However, it's really hard to ignore a cute little boy practically begging for food!  I know he is not hungry but he really wants to be part of our meals and lately whenever we eat he starts to cry and reach for food on our plates.

So, I gave in a little this week and started giving him something to at least explore and taste.  I have no plans to feed him at every meal and since dinner seems to be the time of day he really gets upset we have started with some veggies and he LOVES it.

So far Sawyer has had red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and cucumber.  I think he likes the cucumber the best because he can get something off of it without teeth.

Hopefully some veggies will hold him over for awhile....I'm so not ready for him to be eating yet nor am I ready to deal with solid food diapers....no solid foods means easy to clean cloth diapers.  But, I think with two older siblings he is always going to be doing things earlier than I want.







No comments:

Post a Comment