Saturday, July 18, 2015

Relay for Life, Boating, Daycare Friends, and Haircuts

We just had an eventful 1 week trip to Montana.  We are always super busy when we go to Montana but this trip was shorter than usual and jam packed!  The kids did great on the trip and I pushed it so we only had to stop once, which makes a huge difference with time.  Every stop is at least an hour with kids and to be honest stopping does not make them any less cranky.  I've noticed even if I stop often I still end up with just as much crankiness and a longer trip.  Overall, I had some pretty happy travelers which I was very thankful for!

We were able to attend the Relay for Life walk with my Grandma and MaKenna.  My grandma is going on 9 years of being cancer free and MaKenna 5, so we had lots to celebrate.  MaKenna and Grandma always walk together and it is a special for both of them.







Ryder danced with Grandma and stole the show!



We went boating again and the kids LOVED every second.  Well, Rilyn and Ryder did.  Sawyer is at the age where being confined to a small space is not ideal so he spent a lot of time throwing temper tantrums.  We caught some fish there were not good for eating, but the kids liked just the idea of catching them anyways.

most important part of boating...snacks!

He hates that life jacket!  Who wouldn't






popsicles and sparkling water between trips

the 100th temper tantrum of the day






Mad because I won't let him play with fishing hooks
After we were done boating we let the kids play in the water for a little while.  This made Sawyer very happy.






The kids love spending time with their cousins and daycare friends.  Rilyn got to have another sleepover with her bestie and we also took them out to dinner.  They love spending time together.






Rilyn and I also got our haircut while we were there.  Rilyn really loves her hair short and as much as I would like to grow it out she is the one that has to deal with it so I let her make that choice.  And she does look very cute with a bob.   I also decided I was done dealing with my hair and donated another 10 inches or so!  With each pregnancy my hair has gotten curlier and it is really hard to manage with it that long.
Now only if I could actually make it look like the stylist did....




We love going to Montana and spending time with my side of the family.  It's always so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. You both have such cute haircuts!! Love the short style. And looks like such a fun Montana trip as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh such cute hair!!!! You both look FANTASTIC!!!

    ReplyDelete