Monday, February 1, 2016

January in Review

I can hardly believe that it is February already.  January definitely flew by and I'm just now realizing it.  I didn't get around to blogging in January once...so I thought I would do a quick review in pictures.

The kids started to get super antsy with a lack of sunshine and warm air, but January proved to be a fine month to play outside.  Minus the fact that none of our toys have 4 wheel drive.



We stuck mostly to walks around the neighborhood where all we had to contend with was mud and not so much snow.  The dogs were grateful at least.









We also experimented with a lot of different talents and/or professions.  Like Rilyn says, "I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up because I am good at so many things."

Dance
Rilyn practicing her ballet moves with a free video from the library.  Ha way cheaper than dance classes. Some people might call it poor people ballet I call it genius!
Engineering 

Rollerskating
She got these for her birthday and they were quickly banned from inside the house.
Tantrum Throwing
Oh wait he has already perfected that...




Lining Up Things
Oh wait he has already perfected that...

What child doesn't normally line up their puzzles?


Drawing
Rilyn's latest obsession is taking drawing lessons from Youtube; however, it ends up in lots of tears since she can't make her drawing look EXACTLY like the professional artist teaching the lesson.  Trust me it's as fun as it sounds.


Texting.
At least they got this one down.  What else do you need to be able to do to be successful in life?



Rilyn had her kindergarten open house!  What??? Super crazy this girl is getting ready for school.  I only handed in half the paperwork though because really I still want to homeschool and maybe Tyler or Rilyn won't realize and we can continue with our happy I have all kids at home with me life! Wishful thinking.  
At least she really loved the classroom because it has a pretend washer to wash baby clothes and that is way cooler than the bin I designated as her pretend washer here at home.  


If she goes to school, I'm going to have to take care of HIM by myself and really I need her here to calm this crazy kid down.  She is his safe place and whenever he needs her she is right there with arms wide open.


The boys have been doing boy things like skeeball and light saber fighting.



We also obviously cheered on the Broncos to a Super Bowl spot and are very excited to watch them WIN this weekend.  I think it was my really awesome nail polish that secured that last win FYI.



We joined the YMCA so we spent some time there.  It's great to take the kids swimming and to the childcare so I can workout especially on Mondays because they get to run around in the gym and play in a bouncy house so not only am I physically exhausted, so are they!  

So, according to my iPhone photo dump that is what our January looked like!  

No comments:

Post a Comment