Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Valentine Love

Valentine's Day this year was low key as usual, just the way we like it.  Starting on the first I hid hearts around the house one for each of my loves (including Tyler) and they had to find their heart with a special I love you reason.  The kids loved finding their hearts each morning and even Sawyer would spot his out and giggle when I read the reason I loved him.  I think it made all of them feel very special for the first 14 days of February.  On Valentine's day the boys each got a matchbox car with their heart attached and Rilyn got a new little pet shop figurine.

The Friday before the kids had their party at church and got to give Valentine's to their friends, play games, and eat lots of sweets.




I took the kids to grandma and grandpa's afterwards so Tyler and I had a night alone and had a great breakfast together the next morning in Palmer Lake.  Both of us drank too much coffee so couldn't nap afterwards as we used to pre-kid.  I'm telling you I miss nothing more than eating breakfast and coming home to go back to sleep on a Saturday....anyways....

Since Valentine's Day landed on Sunday we went to church, napped, and then got take out Sushi.
Can you believe this vegetarian girl eats sushi???  Not much and I'm pretty picky but Tyler loves it and it makes me happy to watch him enjoy food again.  My favorites are the cooked ones ha.






So, Tyler and I ate sushi and then kids had frozen pizza and a movie.  It was the best of both worlds.
The kids were happy and entertained and so were we!  We did have them all try the sushi, but gags all around.




Ryder trying the sushi

Sawyer loved dipping the chopsticks in the soy sauce

Also, Tyler knows me so well and came home from picking up the food with two king size snicker bars yum!

We keep this holiday low-key but like to do nice things for eachother and spend the day with our 3 little loves.  I'm always up for celebrating love!


No comments:

Post a Comment