Monday, November 21, 2016

October Recap

October was amazing partly due to the weather.  The weather has been amazing and the kids and I spent a lot of time outside.






The older two had fall soccer.  Rilyn enjoyed it a lot and Ryder was happy when it was over as usual. As much energy as that kid has I can't believe he doesn't enjoy sports more but he would rather just run around like a maniac and bang into things than follow any rules.  And he loves collecting the medals he gets after the end of each season.



The kids and I went on quite a few hikes.  I recently found used hiking shoes for the older two and that has helped their balance tons and they can all go for quite awhile.  The kids all like hiking and its so fun to have something we can all do together.








We went to the pumpkin patch with Rilyn's school on a field trip and the kids had a great time wearing out their mama.






We were able to meet up with Carly and Gideon for a lunch before they moved to California.


We went to the zoo











Continued homeschooling and really worked just to get into a routine that works for everyone.  We still have our struggles, but I love teaching them at home.  We all spend a lot of time reading and the kids have even started some independent reading time.  I spent a night planning while the kids had a sleepover at Grandma's and had to laugh at my big bottle of tums instead of a glass of wine or coffee.  Ah, nothing like being pregnant.






The older two spent the weekend in Steamboat with Grandma Decker at Stacey and Jason's house. They had lots of fun and didn't seem to mind being away from home at all.  While they were gone, Tyler and I took Sawyer on his own little date.  Sawyer got a little dressed up and had dinner at a place we wouldn't normally take kids.  It was nice to spoil him a little while we had the chance.



Sawyer still tries to snuggle me even though he doesn't really fit anywhere on my body.


Ryder dumped almost every puzzle he owns (which is a lot) into a suitcase one day during quiet time. That  took quite a bit of time to clean up since I'm sure there were like 1000 mixed up puzzle pieces in that suitcase.  Of course Ryder informed me he didn't do it to all of his puzzles because he left one together.



Tyler was out of town for work so while he was gone we managed to eat a late bedtime snack of chocolate chip cookies.  I should get the nomination for dumbest parent ever as I showered them before feeding them cookies.  Nothing like cleaning them up twice.  Also, while Tyler was gone we found a very big black spider that I'm pretty sure was a black widow in the kids' room.  So, while I freaked out and killed the huge disgusting thing my kids all clung to the couch and watched in horror. Ryder definitely got the lecture about manning up while daddy is gone.



And of course, we spent lots of time playing because that's what we do mostly around here.








No comments:

Post a Comment