Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Long Con Boom Roasted

For those of you that don't know me, Lost was, and always will be my favorite TV show. My favorites were always the Sawyer-centric episodes. I don't know if there's a cooler accomplishment than the Long Con.

You also probably know that one of my larger daily goals is to Boom Roast as many people as possible.

You don't know what a Boom Roasted is? It's kind of like this.

I say "I think you're really really ugly".
Then you say "That's a really hurtful thing to say".
Then I say "I don't care. Boom Roasted".

That's lame...fine. Click Here for a much better Boom Roasted.

Know what's even cooler? Combining the Long Con with a Boom Roasted.

Here's an example...to date...my best Long Con Boom Roasted.

My little brother got married last June and I figured that since I've been bullying him my whole life I should probably continue the glorious tradition.

A couple months before the wedding he fulfilled his brotherly obligations and asked me to be a Groomsman in his wedding (on a side note, I asked him to actually marry Anna and I, thus one upping him, thus Boom Roasted).

Obviously, I was honored and quickly accepted. Then, I decided to go for my first Long Con Boom Roasted.

The next weekend I had dinner with my parents. As soon as we sat down I put on my most excited face and voice and went on to tell my parents that Ryan had asked me to be his Best Man.

Going in, I knew 3 things.

1) My mom knew that Ryan had not asked me to be his Best Man, and that she would think that I misinterpreted the conversation.

2) There was no way Ryan could ask me to be his best man leaving our other brother Clint as just a Groomsman.

3) There was no way she was going to set me straight...she would leave that duty to Ryan.

One of the harder things I've ever had to do was keep a straight face throughout this process....I had to let it play out.

Obviously, my mom talked to my brother who was shocked and devastated that I had misinterpreted the Groomsman conversation in such a confusing way. He knew he would have to talk to me about it, but in total fear, he avoided the conversation for a while.

Then, I got the call I'd been waiting weeks for.

Ryan - Hey bro...how's it going?
Tyler - Good....you?
Ryan - Good...hey....uh....I've uh got to talk to you about something....it's uh...kinda awkward.
Tyler - Ok....(Anna and I are both almost on the ground at this point)
Ryan - So...uh...did I ask you to be my best man?
Tyler - Yup
Ryan - Oh...well...uh....let me see....ummm the thing is that...
Tyler - Hey Ryan
Tyler - Boom Roasted

Lets just say that to date I haven't come close to doing better. I think I set the bar too high.

The closest I've come was actually this weekend, which I'm sure Anna will write about, and culminated with another bruise on my arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment