Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ultrasound and Wabbit Hunting

Last night during our 34 week appointment we saw our baby's head!

The midwives have been having some trouble figuring out if the head is down. Considering that would be a "risk-out" of the birth center, it's kind of a big deal, so they wanted to do a quick ultrasound to take a look.

So, they turned on the ultrasound machine, put it on her belly for under 10 seconds, confirmed the head was down, and let us be on our way.

Let me tell you, this was some head. Unfortunately, I was a little bit distracted and was having some difficulty focusing on how awesome our kids head looked. Why you may be wondering? I'm glad you asked.

See, before we actually got into the appointment, we were forced to hang out in the waiting room. This is usually a good time for me (they have this humidifier sort of thing that smells really good and always relaxes me), but not this time.

Perhaps the single biggest idiot in the state of Colorado was also in the waiting room yesterday.

First of all, he was wearing a hat nearly identical to the one bel0w.




Keep in mind that it was probably close to 70 degrees yesterday. Want to wear a baseball hat? Fine by me. Want to wear an Elmar Fudd hat? Don't get mad at me if I'm asking you if you're heading off to hunt some Wabbit's after your appointment.

I wish that was the end of the story, but no, this fella had another trick up his sleeve.

Let me first describe the waiting room. It is small. Really small. Maybe 6 people could sit in it at the same time, and it would not be comfortable. Ugglies would be bumping, and if anyone in the room had bad breath, everyone would know it.

Well this genius decides to pull out his little Ipad or something and starts reading to his Baby Mama.

He begins with the headline of some story. At this point, I don't really think much of it. I guess if I owned an Ipad, and felt the need to bring it to an appointment (where the average wait time is under 5 minutes), and came across an entertaining story, I may also read the headline of said story to my Baby Mama.

But then, in utter astonishment, I realize that his intention is to read the entire story, front to back to said Baby Mama.

Not only this, but she is looking over his shoulder, reading the same exact story as he's reading it to her as she has the biggest smile on her face I've ever seen. Seriously, she almost looked like Jim Jones just convinced her that the Kool-Aid is actually that good.

There was only one thing to do. Look at my Baby Mama and say "Well, I know what I'm blogging about tonight".

No comments:

Post a Comment