Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Surprise Visit and 36 Weeks

I had a surprise visitor this last weekend....my mom!  Tyler knew I really wanted to see her before the baby came, and was missing my family so he arranged for her to come and stay the weekend.  The really fun part was I had no idea that this was happening.  Tyler had told me we needed to pick up one of his uncles from the airport, which I thought was sort of strange but his mom is out of town so I really didn't think much of it.  As I am sitting in the car looking for this person that I have only met once before I spot my mom.  But it was one of those moments where I thought I was daydreaming and did a double take.  Of course Tyler got a little love punch when I realized it was my mom.
We went to dinner that night and then the next day we went to Estes Park and went to Zoo lights Saturday evening.  It was nice to be able to just spend time with my mom and have lots of baby talk!  I rarely get to just spend time with her because she usually comes down with my sister and the kids and whenever I'm home it seems to be a busy time.
Tyler is always thinking about me and how he can make sure I am the happiest I can be.  He is such a thoughtful person.  Definitely one of the many traits I fell in love with.  I couldn't ask for anything more in a husband. He is amazing!

As far as baby stuff goes....we are 36 weeks.  One more week and the baby is considered full term and can be delivered at the birth center!  I am hoping to make it until at least 40 weeks and I am totally fine going even a little longer.  There seems to be tons to do still to get ready.  We are only measuring 34 weeks now, but the midwife thinks that seems appropriate since Tyler and I were both little babies and my body size.    The heartbeat is 150 and the baby is still in a good position.  Other than pretty normal things like not being able to breathe and having my ribs crushed I feel good.  Oh and the not sleeping thing, which I might as well get used too!   We had our car seat installed yesterday during our Bradley class.  Of course now I am reconsidering our car seat purchase and will probably debate it with Tyler for the next two or three days (which means I will just talk his ear off).   I still LOVE being pregnant and I am trying to enjoy every moment of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment