Saturday, August 20, 2011

August Grumblings

People...you may or may not get an August version of ramblings.  Today though, a treat.

Grumblings.

My brother is getting married today which we're supper pumped about.  We have a Decker Family tradition that on the day of our wedding, the men in my family must be wearing super hero underwear.  Nothing says I Love You like right before you begin your wedding vows softly whispering into your soon to be wife's ear "I'm wearing Batman underwear".

Yeah, we're that smooth.

The bad thing about the wedding though, is I had to get a haircut.  I despise haircuts.  I usually get 2-3 per year at the most, and somehow always get the stylist who apologizes before she begins cutting your hair for her vomit smelling breath (true story).

So, I did some recon and discovered that the local Great Clips opened up at 8.  I got up, showered, arrived at Great Clips, only to find out that their stupid frackin website was wrong, they don't open until 9.

Rather than driving around to find another place to get my hair cut, I decided to drive home, and call  Great Clips to voice my displeasure.

"Great Clips, how can I help you".

"Yeah, you need to fix your website.  It says you open at 8".

"Yeah, we know....Thank you" (in a dismissive voice).

Because this is a family blog I will not describe what I said next.  Let's just say that Anna came downstairs hoping that I wasn't actually talking to a person.

I was.

So, half the morning had already been wasted, and the same dilema existed.  I still needed to get my hair did.

After further recon, I decided to call Super Cuts.  I also decided I would outsmart the competition and make an appointment.

Genius Super Cuts Girl:  Super Cuts, how can I help you.

Me:  Yes, I'd like to make an appointment.

Genius Super Cuts Girl:  Sorry, we don't take appointments.

Me: How about a call ahead.

Genius Super Cuts Girl:  Sure, what time would you like to come in.

Me: You mean like an appointment?

Genius Super Cuts Girl:  We're not even open, why don't you just walk in.

Me: Ok

2 hours later, I did in fact get a hair cut.  I came home and promptly told Anna she needs to learn how to cut hair.

All was not lost though. I've been on a mission for many months now.  If I am to earn success in this mission, I believe it will define me forever.  Today, I can finally say I have victory.  Some things are better together than separate.  Rocky and Drago.  Indigo Montoya and Fezzik.

And finally.

TD and Orange Sunglasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment