Thursday, March 8, 2012

20 weeks

We are half way through this pregnancy!  That in itself is pretty amazing considering I feel like we just found out we were pregnant yesterday.  When I was pregnant with Rilyn it went by incredibly fast, and this one is even going by faster.  As parents, Tyler and I are trying to spend some time focusing and loving on this baby, which is challenging with a 1 year old.

Yesterday we had our 20 week appointment, and it went well. Very uneventful (which is good in cases of pregnancy) but it almost seems silly to even have an appointment because they are not telling us anything we don't know and we have no questions.

The appointment goes like this: Midwife "how are things going" Us: "good" Midwife: "what questions do you have?" Us: "None" Midwife: "sounds good, let's talk to your baby." And that is that....time to pack up the 3 bags of junk we brought to try to keep Rilyn entertained for the whole 10 minutes.

So, what we know at 20 weeks is that this baby likes to move A LOT and I can feel him/her most mornings and nights.  With Rilyn I only remember feeling her move at night.  It's still not big enough that Tyler can feel him/her but hopefully soon!  The baby's heart rate was 150.

I did gain 3 pounds so that is good news.  I still have absolutely no appetite and it can be torture to eat (especially my protein "stuff").  I'm not quite back to my pre-pregnancy weight but we are getting there.

Other than me not being able to stay awake past 7:30, things are going good!  Rilyn is amazing and doing new things everyday.  It is amazing how well she can follow directions (when she wants to), and is even following 2 step directions.  She is such a fun little girl!

Have a great rest of your week!


1 comment:

  1. Cute! So fun to hear how this pregnancy is going. Keep growing strong little baby #2!!

    ReplyDelete