Thursday, March 15, 2012

It's been a while

Hello Friends

I'm guessing that you think the long delay in me blogging was due to me being discovered by an agency that scouts family blogs and decides to give rich sums of money to obviously talented bloggers (me).

No, in truth, I've been banned from the blog.  It seems my last post was a bit offensive and crossed a line or two.

The good news for you is that Anna is gone for a few hours.  Hopefully you check the blog before she deletes these ramblings.

Now, on to the offending.

Any of you fools watch American Idol?  I realize that me asking you if you watch American Idol makes me the fool, but the unintentional comedy of this show can't be topped.  Lately my taunts have been directed at a dude who would have you think he was a big cuddly bear.

See that dude on the left?  See how he is twice the size of everyone?  Would you want to tell him that AMERICA voted him off?


Luckily, he was not voted off (although I have to admit I would have enjoyed watching him tear off someone's arm at the news).

No, he was kicked off because he had 4 pending felony charges against him (some violent).  The funny thing, is I could see his rage early on.  He was always a bit cranky and looked like he was about to pop.

Also, he was very sweaty, probably because he knew the LAW was on his tail.  

Not to be a jerk, but...

Really?  Did you think you would avoid the PO-LICE by entering a singing competition watched by millions of Americans?  (I just picture the cop who's wife forced him to watch American Idol saying "Hey...That's the guy that picked up a car and threw it at me")

In related violent felony crime news, it seems that my lovely daughter is up to 3 would be suitors.

Joaquin (her betrothed), from what I hear, has been having a bit of a lovers quarrel with her lady.  Something about toys I think.  Currently, I believe he is in 2nd (although don't rule him out...he's closest in proximity and oh so dreamy).

Eli, the bad boy that my mom watches may be winning.  I hope for his sake that I don't have to summon my inner hulk from American Idol, but the whispers and evidence (dog food breath, toilet smelling clothes) of this relationship are making me nervous.  I'm seriously going to snap if he's the first to learn to ride a bike.  

Levi, the gentleman that my mom watches is probably in third place.  Why do I love him so much?  Because when Rilyn lays down he puts a blanket on her.  Because he's got no bully in him.  Because I haven't hear of him getting in trouble (and even shares the IPad with Rilyn).

Regardless, I don't think that it's a good sign that I'm already stressing about her love life.  

I'll leave you with this.  

Anna and I are having a wicked hard time coming up with a name for our child on the way.  With Rilyn, it was this awesome brainstorming collaboration thing that worked out perfectly.  That is not happening this go round.

It almost seems like Anna straight up doesn't want me to name this kid.  

If it's a boy, I think we're still sticking to Ryder (I know, Rilyn and Ryder, it's a trend, they both start with R, blah blah blah).

Don't make me remind you about the reasons why I need a son named Ryder.

But if it's a girl, that's where we're stuck.

In the sake of honesty, I have to admit that I have a bad habit of loving a name in a book that I'm currently reading.  Trust me, there have been some bad ones that I've suggested.

But this one, I think may stick, but to be sure, I'm asking for your help.  

What do you think about the name Arya?

4 comments:

  1. you better believe i googled Arya right away! gorgeous name!!

    here is what google taught me: pronounced: (AHR yuh) and means great, noble and truthful

    *sigh* i already love little Arya

    or you could go with katniss or greasy sae from hunger games...just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greasyy Sae! YES!

    Okay so is it pronounced like Aria (song)? I see Carly's comment on that but how are YOU pronouncing it? If it IS like Aria, then I say forget the Y because it causes too much confusion. My mind instantly said Ah-RY-a.

    PS Which book is it from?

    PPS yeah, they were lover's quarreling hardcore. They better stick to being BFFs or else it might get volatile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I'm a heel. I want people to comment, and then don't reply when they do.

    My bad. Sorry ladies.

    Carly, Katniss, is so far out, it was never in to begin with. I'm sure I'm not the only one that thought of catnip every time I read that name. It was kind of distracting since it kept reminding me how much I dislike cats.

    Diana, Correct. I agree it may be confusing, but I have to give props to an under-utilized letter of the alphabet, so I think it's going to stick with the Y.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha nice! I think it's a very pretty name.

    ReplyDelete