Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer Heat

Apparently it was 102 degrees here today in Aurora, the 4th day in a row we've broken the record for heat. I like to think "no biggie it's summer - that's what's supposed to happen" BUT it is only June for crying out loud!  And honestly I think I'm dealing with it pretty well because lucky for me heat just doesn't bother me, but being 9 months pregnant I don't really have a choice but to HATE this weather.

Oh and we have no air conditioning or I wouldn't complain for one second.  At 11AM today it was already 85 degrees in our house.  Right now, at 8:20 PM it is 90 in our house!!

My husband is always hot and this weather is definitely harder on him, but he is AMAZING at coming up with new ways to control fans and so he rigged up some new fan contraptions this afternoon. so we will see what happens tomorrow.

Either way, Rilyn and I are staying cool in the pool and sprinklers and tomorrow may be going to the mall just for some air conditioning!

I like to take pictures of her behind the knee rolls because I know someday they we will be gone and I will be sad!


Not super pumped about the freezing cold water of our community pool


Oh and the dogs also hate the heat!  They are very unhappy.  Porter and Zoe are still a little mad we had their teeth cleaned last week.  Zoe took 2 days to recover and Rilyn thought she needed to comfort her as much as possible.  Trixie just liked the extra treats...




2 comments:

  1. Omg 90 degress in your house?! That is too too much. Do you guys want one of our air conditioner window units? But it does lower your home security with it needing an open window. Plus you do live in the hood and all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL we do kind of live in the hood but our HOA doesn't allow window units or we would definitely have one :)Thanks though!!

    ReplyDelete