Wednesday, June 26, 2013

6 kids....2 adults...and a whole lot of fun!

Our Montana trip didn't end with my last post.  Oh no...I brought the 4 Nelson kids home with us to spend the week.

I've been wanting to have them come down for some time in the summer for awhile.  I hadn't done it since 2008 and that time it was just Mashaela and MaKenna.

I assumed it would just be the girls again but the boys really wanted to come too so we loaded all of them up and off I went.  It was a little nerve wracking having 6 kids by myself on a 9 hour drive but it went really well.  The kids were great and actually a huge help with Rilyn and Ryder.

Here are some of the fun things we did:

A visit to the zoo (of course)
Cy and Isaiah feeding the giraffes

Makenna feeding the giraffe

Looking at the Meerkats

The cousins

Isaiah petting a baby Wallaby


Elephants 
Ryder watching the gorillas


Rilyn kissing a monkey


All I have to say about the zoo is taking 6 kids by yourself is not recommended.  I lost Rilyn about 4 times and could barely move by the time we got home!  It was fun but probably the most exhausting thing I've ever done!

We did lots of hanging around the house...

Dress up and Mr. Potato Head

Story-time

Late night board games after the babies went to  bed

Snuggles on the couch while kids are napping

Wrestling 
More story-times
We let the chicks outside to play and poop all over the kids...ha ha best part for me....



POOP




Nature scavenger hunts/hike....










After dinner treats and lots of basketball....oh and in case you are wondering the girls team (The Cheetahs) totally kicked the boys' team (The Dragon Slayers) butts!!



I really miss the kids already and wish we could spend time together more often but I did cherish that time and the connections I was able to make with each of them.  Come back soon Nelsons!

1 comment:

  1. You are a brave and talented woman to juggle 6 kids! Good job! The time together looked really meaningful and fun :)

    ReplyDelete