Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Chokecherry Pickin

We discovered that our property is covered in chokecherries and I couldn't be more excited!  My grandma has always picked chokecherries and made delicious goodies with them and I've always wanted to spend some time with her learning her tricks and now that we have our own chokecherries I'm determined to spend some time with her next summer learning - so be ready grandma!

Until then Yvonne said she would help me do something with these beauties...




Rilyn is very excited about the cherries and finds them everywhere we go now.








Of course she only lasts about 5 seconds worth of picking and then she starts....

chasing chickens



finding mushrooms


or just being her silly self

But so far we have a bucket full and we are going to keep picking until we have a freezer full!


Also Rilyn has a message for her Great Grandma Hermie....



1 comment: