Friday, July 18, 2014

Laundry Day

For some reason adding one more member to our family has tripled my laundry.  And Sawyer actually doesn't even need outfit changes very often so I'm really stumped at how this has happened. So, anyways I have been having the kids help me with laundry for quite awhile and now that they are getting older they are actually helpful especially Rilyn.

They have been required to sort their baskets on the days I do laundry and Rilyn is very efficient so now she has to help Ryder if I'm busy.  After that, they put whatever load we are doing in the washer.  Of course, they get to help me push buttons because that is the best part of laundry day!

Last week, Rilyn and Ryder put all the laundry in the dryer, which is a little challenging since our machines are stacked.  But, with a little team work and 30 minutes later the clothes were ready to get dry!




It's true that it is faster right now to do everything by myself, but it's already changing with Rilyn and she is super helpful.  I didn't really have a choice with her because she has always wanted to help me rather than play with toys.  But, it's paying off!  Other than the laundry, they both are in charge of feeding the dogs and of course keeping their toys picked up.

I love that they always want to be doing whatever Tyler and I are doing even if it does take more time.  I know the day will come too quickly when that will change!

No comments:

Post a Comment