Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sawyer at 3 months

Sawyer is 3 months old today!  It seems like he has been here forever, yet time is flying by.  It's amazing at how quickly infants change.  So much is happening in their little brains, nervous systems, and bodies at this age!  

Sawyer's sleeping is still really inconsistent and I've succumbed to letting him sleep in the swing pretty much all the time.  I feel like we tried everything to get the boy to stay asleep and the swing seems to be the only thing that sort of works.  The good news is he is going to bed MUCH earlier!  He is going to sleep in the evenings any time between 5:45 and 6:45 depending on his last nap.  I put him in the swing for this first stretch.  Often, I have to go back in an hour later and feed him again and then he sleeps for 2 - 3 more hours.  The next time he wakes up I'm usually in bed so then I bring him in bed with me and he's up every hour or maybe every two hours and even sometimes I'll get a 3 hour stretch in there.  I know he's not hungry and just needs me to put him to sleep but for now I'm okay doing that.  As he gets older and able to put himself to sleep we will be revisiting this decision.  Naps typically last between a half an hour to an hour with his second afternoon nap sometimes being 2 hours.  He takes all his naps in the swing.  

The good news is evenings are so much easier since he is going to bed earlier.  It's still not his most favorite time of day but at least he is manageable!  He likes to play with toys and watch Rilyn and Ryder play.  He is also starting to like playing games like peek-a-boo and the game where I eat his face and neck.  We don't have a name for that one, ha!  He is quite the talker and coos a lot throughout the day.  He is smiling and even decided to flirt with a little 4 month old girl during church today.  He is also starting to try to sit up.  If you lean him back he is constantly trying to lean forward and sit up.  

He is nursing every 2 hours during the day still, but we did get him to take a bottle the other day. He wasn't happy about it, but took it so that is a relief for when I go back to work. 

We won't have stats this month since he doesn't have a check-up but I'm sure he is growing and developing just like he should.  

I'm excited for him to start sleeping better, but other than that he is doing great and we all love having him around.  He's going to be such a fun little guy as he starts to get older and we look forward to watching him grow!










No comments:

Post a Comment