Thursday, September 18, 2014

Sawyer at 4 months

Well, Sawyer is actually about 4 1/2 months now but we will pretend that I'm actually a good mother and I'm getting his 4 month post up on-time... 

Sawyer's sleeping is still pretty much the same as it was last month...horrible.  He is co-sleeping 100% of the time at night and up every 1 - 2 hours so I can put him back to sleep.  He is consistently getting better in the evenings and goes to sleep around 6.  He usually is up within an hour or two for a feeding and than goes another two hours before he starts his up every hour so mommy can put me back to sleep fun.  He is also taking all his naps in the swing still.  


He has really started to become interested in his siblings and think they are pretty fun.  He loves to watch them and if I'm busy Rilyn can always entertain him.  She is so good with him and even Ryder is pretty obsessed at this point.  Ryder tells him he loves him before bed and asks me a lot to see his brother.  Sawyer likes toys and the exersaucer and is pretty easy as long as he is not hungry or tired.   

He laughs a lot, loves being outside, and still thinks the carrier is the best place to be.  He is always content in the carrier.  His newest trick is rolling over.  He is very good at it, but hates being on his stomach so pretty much he rolls over, screams, and I flip him back.  He also started getting excited when I pick him up from grandmas.  


He is nursing every 2 hours during the day still but takes a bottle great!  We are so lucky to have grandma take care of him because she was so patient while he was figuring out this whole bottle thing.  He definitely made her work a few a days!  He only drinks between 1 - 3 ounces so I'm guessing that is why he nurses so often still, and I'm totally fine with that (during the day).  

His stats were interesting this month...they were much lower than they usually are.  He is 14 lbs 15 ounces (45%) and 24 1/8 inches long (50%).  He is healthy and doing everything he should be doing!

He is a pretty fun little guy and it's interesting to see his personality develop.  He is such a snuggle bug and I hope he never outgrows the carrier because I feel pretty empty when he is not snuggled up against me.  









2 comments:

  1. Gosh I can't et over how much Rilyn and Sawyer look alike at this stage. What a snuggly little muffin. Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is incredible! All your kids are definitely Deckers but I think of all 3, Sawyer has the most of your features, Anna.

    ReplyDelete