Thursday, August 25, 2016

Chicago

Tyler and I were able to go on a vacation all alone this month.  It was so amazing and long overdue. We had never spent more than 2 nights away from the kids, which happened well before Sawyer was born.  I was gone a total of 3 nights; although, Tyler stayed longer because he was actually in Chicago for work. My mom came to stay with the kids so I wasn't at all worried about them knowing they would have amazing grandma time and Rilyn just keeps asking if next time I could go away for 11 nights...we compromised on 4.  It was so nice having my mom come to stay because we didn't have to pack up the kids to go anywhere, she watched the dogs too, and we knew they were having the best time of their lives! I was of course pretty panicky that something would happen to Tyler and I really had to calm myself down the weeks leading up to the trip.

We had such a great time and I think we had a great balance of sight-seeing and relaxing.  We definitely didn't want to overdo it since we never get time just to relax and be together.  Really Tyler and I are both so tired of always needing to feed children.  Between 3 meals a day and snacks I feel like we are either cooking, cleaning up after, or planning meals so just not needing to be responsible for that would have been enough of a vacation for me.

We arrived on Friday and after an extra long airport stay due to awesome traveler woes we had time to check-in and grab a bite to eat.  We also took a walk in the rain to Ghirardelli's Ice Cream.  The best part of the trip was not cooking, eating together with no interruptions, and not sharing my dessert!

The next morning we headed to an amazing breakfast spot and walked across the street to Millennium Park for awhile.  It was nice to just walk around and sight-see.






The rest of the day we lounged around in the hotel.  We grabbed lunch to go and got fancied up for a dinner out.  Ah vacation is the best.  I also took some bad baby belly photos in the hotel room because I never remember when it's light outside.  Oh and grabbed ice cream again because I live dangerously when pregnant!



Tyler had to work for a few hours on Sunday so I went on an architectural boat tour of the city and Lake Michigan.  It was so neat and felt weird to do something like that alone since I'm usually toting 3 kids with me.



That night we went to another great dinner and hit the sack early since I had to be out of the hotel room early for my flight.  Again no luck remembering to take a picture in the daylight.




We loved Chicago and actually can't wait to take the kids when they are older.  There were so many great things to do and am excited to experience them with the kids.

Also, reconnecting with my hubby was so good and I can't wait to have the opportunity to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment