Saturday, January 1, 2011

Remembering 2010 & Saying Hello to 2011

Happy New Year! 
Honestly, I've always been a little saddened by the coming of the new year.  Maybe because I am so blessed to always have so many wonderful memories of the last year that I'm not ready to say good-bye.  Time goes by so quickly that I just want to cherish it all and never rush new beginnings.  I wish I could say I live that day to day, but I'm not perfect and definitely don't always cherish life's small moments as I should.

2010 had it's hard times, but was also filled with memorable and joyous moments.  Incidentally, all of the times I have considered to be a challenge have brought more and more joyous moments to our life.  That is a lesson I am taking from 2010 and living with in 2011.  No matter what the challenge or struggle, even when everything feels hopeless & couldn't be any worse I want to have faith in knowing that there is a plan and I will be able to get through it.  Not only can I get through it, but find the joy within those tough moments. 

Remembering 2010 for me looks something like this:

Finding a cancerous tumor in MaKenna's foot...2 surgeries and 2 months of radiation
MaKenna finishing radiation and as of now no signs of cancer!
Getting to see the Kozera's and meet Paige
Finding out we were pregnant
Being pregnant!

Celebrating our 1 year anniversary
Country Jam with our closest friends

Lake Powell
Camping
The Nelson's living with us for awhile (one of those challenging yet very amazing times).

More summer fun....
Kristin turns 30!
Halloween 2010
A very pregnant Thanksgiving with the Deckers

Pre-Thanksgiving with friends
   
Carly and Ryan getting married, moving to Saudi, and the best part moving back to CO!





 I can't wait to experience 2011....obviously we will have a lot of firsts and Tyler and I get to experience all the struggles and joys parenting brings.  But, I don't want to forget 2010!  It was a great year, especially with Tyler by my side. 
I hope everyone has lots of memories to cherish from 2010 and a blessed 2011! 


No comments:

Post a Comment