Thursday, April 21, 2011

3 months old

Rilyn is 3 months old today!  Time is still going by super fast and we are loving being parents (most of the time).  Rilyn seems to be getting over this whole colicky/fussy baby mood she's been in and we are enjoying playing with her and watching her smile and coo.

Rilyn is still eating VERY well and I'm sure she's gained a couple pounds, but since we don't have a check-up this month I don't know for sure.  She is nursing most of the time with a few bottles of mama's milk to get her used to the bottle and to give me a break every now and then.  She takes the bottle just fine.  I think she is happy as long as she is getting food. 

She loves to talk to everyone and is starting to notice more things around the house...like the dogs.  She will hold toys for a few seconds and attempts to put them in her mouth. 

We think she is teething (and has been for awhile) due to all the drool and constant chewing on her hands.  I am hoping a  tooth pops out soon to validate some of her crankiness. 

She is struggling a little with sleeping and is still up every 2 - 3 hours at night and prefers her naps to last no longer than 30 minutes...45 minutes tops. This makes for a very tired mama, but I'm trying my hardest not to dwell on the exhaustion.  Hey no one ever said being a mom was easy. We are still co-sleeping and I love it.  I know babies that co-sleep tend to wake up more throughout the night, but having her so close for such an extended amount of time is amazing.  I love smelling her, touching her, and waking up next to her.  It's especially nice that she is in the bassinet for a little while so Tyler and I also get some time. 

Rilyn is starting to find things that comfort her and my favorite thing to watch right now is her crinkling the top of my shirt while she nurses.  Her little hand just goes to town and it is so cute.  She likes the pacifier now, but has no idea how to keep it in her mouth so it looks like I need to learn to sleep while holding a pacifier in for her....

I go back to work on Monday...BOO!  I am struggling with it a little more than I thought I would, but am so relieved she is going to her Grandma's house.  At least I know she will be safe and loved by the next best thing after mommy and daddy.  I am not at all worried about her being cared for, it's just that I am going to miss her so much.  As exhausting as it is to take care of her, the house, and the dogs it is still the best job I could ever have. I am so glad there is only 4 weeks left of the school year.  I hope leaving her in the fall won't be as hard because she will be older, but I'm sure I will be just as sad. 

We are excited to see what being 3 months is all about in Rilyn's world.  We are so blessed to have such a perfect, adorable, smart, chunky, and lovable baby!





1 comment: