Thursday, April 28, 2011

April Ramblings

I know what you're all thinking.  It's been a while since I posted and you missed me. 

Just so you know...I've been playing what those in the biz call playing "hard to get".

Turns out that all those people that you've heard talking about how busy they are when they have a kid are not lying

But...don't you worry your little butts.  I can make a Rocky IV joke out of anything.

The name of the post sums this one up perfectly.  Some ramblings.  I feel like there should be a better title to the post.  I even visited thesaurus.com, typed in "ramblings" and nothing worked.  Let me know if you have a better idea.

First rambling goes to Grandma Decker.  She started watching Rilyn this week and it has been better than I could have dreamed.  Somehow, day 2 of me dropping her off resulted in the discovery that Rilyn and Grandma already have a coffee routine every morning.  I sit the carseat next to the table where my mom is having coffee and Rilyn looks up and glimpses her Grandma.

Queue the smile that would melt the dang devil.  I'm not really sure what happens after that, but my tear ducts are thankful I can't see it.

On a side note.  Although we love Grandma Decker, I was unable to lie to Anna tonight about the discovery of an accidental spilling of 3 ounces of breast milk.  My advice to Grandma Decker.

Put your house in order.

Second rambling goes to Carly.  Carly offered to come to our house and watch Rilyn on Fridays and we can't be more grateful.  Between the two of us, it's saving hours a day driving, and more importantly, precious sleep!

It also got me thinking...either my Dad has unbelievable lady skills and passed those on to his boys, or we're dang lucky. 

Because let's be honest, Decker's, luckily, have somehow married up.

Anna, did you really dream of someone asking you to marry them while talking about some train?

Carly, did you really want to marry a man whose lifelong goal was to name his pet ferret "Star"?

Megan, your embarrassing story is coming.

Third rambling (but actually first) goes to Anna.  I can't imagine how hard it is to go from going from spending 13 weeks with her little girl to walking into a Special Education classroom.  This lady is so amazing that within 2 days she is already completely invested in her kids again.  On top of that, Anna's smile puts Rilyn's to shame when Anna hears the gargage door open when I get home.  Everyday I know that the second she hears that garage door opening I'll see her waiting at the sliding glass door just waiting to hold her girl.

Another side note.  Anna missing her girl has resulted in Rilyn spending more time in bed with us....and not the kind of "in bed" that I can have anything to do with.

Last night, I think I tried to cuddle Anna, and in the process a pinkie ended up on Rilyn.

A repro ensued.  It was sleepy, it made no sense, but it was effective.  I resumed my position on the 2 inches of the bed I currently have ownership of.

I'll leave you with one picture, and a question about it.


Is it normal for a mom to kiss her baby's butt?

2 comments:

  1. Totally normal!! That picture is so beautiful.

    Hope you are survivng your first week of working, baby-shuffling parents. It's emotionally and physically exhausting, but makes you so greatful for and re-prioritize your precious work-free baby time and it does get easier, promise!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Star?! I married a stud. Love this post!

    Ty, the only thing weirder is that Anna affirmed to me that it wasn't weird that I also wanted to kiss her cute little bum too!! Rilyn is so precious!!

    ReplyDelete