Thursday, July 7, 2011

4th of July Weekend

We headed to Montana for the 4th of July weekend to celebrate my grandparent's 50th anniversary.  We had an intimate family dinner for my grandparents on Saturday.  It was amazing to be able to celebrate with them.  Tyler and I have been married for 2 years and it has been so awesome I can't imagine what it feels like to be married for 50 years.  It is definitely something to strive for.  I love looking at this picture of them....
and thinking it started with just the two of them and continues with this.....

I hope they feel super proud of their family and what they have given us.  Happy anniversary grandma and grandpa....we love you both and were so blessed to celebrate with you!

Here are some more pics from the day
my grandma and her twin sister

Grandpa walking Colton around their youngest grandchild...I'm the oldest




two love birds


some of my grandma's siblings

grandkids....yes Tasha and I are giving them bunny ears...we might be the oldest it doesn't mean we are the most mature

4 generations...Rilyn doesn't look like she fits in her with the blond hair and blue eyes...definitely a Decker


toasting their mom and dad

cutting their cake

Jenn and Jolene having "toffee"


grandkids and great grandkids



Sunday we just hung around and let grandma and papa play with Rilyn.  Tyler and I went out to dinner ALONE Sunday night.

On Monday we decided to head up to Red Lodge Montana for a parade and rodeo.  Tyler had never been to a rodeo so we thought it would be a fun experience for him. He seemed to enjoy it and so did Rilyn!  I think Tyler and I were both asleep before any fireworks started, but that is okay...we still had a great 4th!






We headed home on Tuesday.  Tyler drove the whole way since I wasn't feeling well.  I ended up with a stomach bug or something and was pretty miserable.  Rilyn did as well as we could expect for a 8 hour drive.  She slept the first 4 hours both ways but then needed some entertaining the second half of the drive.  She likes to be entertained now and if she can't sleep definitely doesn't want to be in her car seat.

1 comment:

  1. Ok first of all Rilyn has honestly NEVER looked cuter until she just had that cowgirl hat on!! Her double chin and chunky arms are too much for my heart. I know I always say she is the cutest in different pics but this time I really mean it ;)

    Also, is this "stomach bug" really another sibling for Rilyn Decker? he he he Is that too much for a blog comment?!

    ReplyDelete