Thursday, July 21, 2011

6 months old...

Rilyn turned 6 months old today...I am sort of a wreck...I think I will be a wreck every time my baby turns a month or year older.  Mama guilt starts to kick in and my brain struggles with sane mama and crazy mama...here are some of the debates between the two today:

crazy mama: "what if I haven't spent enough time with Rilyn"
sane mama: "you have only worked 4 weeks in the last 6 months and have spent pretty much every waking moment with your daughter"

crazy mama: "what if the time I've spent with her isn't QUALITY time"
sane mama: "every day you read books, nurse, sit under trees in the grass, nurse, sing songs, play with dogs, nurse, hang with good friends at the pool/garden/park,  and sing more songs while nursing"

crazy mama: "there is no way you are giving enough attention to your husband, house, God, or dogs"
sane mama: "probably true..it's hard to find a balance...but they all still love you (except the house which doesn't care)"

crazy mama: "you are going back to work you HORRIBLE mother"
sane mama: "this is best for our family, Rilyn is with people that love her, and you love your job"

crazy mama: "you are not producing enough b-milk"
sane mama: "you are CRAZY...have you seen the size of your daughter's rolls?"

Yep, those are all things that went through my head today...and that is why I am drinking a glass of wine with my husband, the dogs at my feet, a clean house, and a well-fed sleeping baby.

Rilyn also got her first meal today....veggie fajitas...minus the fajitas.  She had red bell pepper, spinach, mushrooms, and zucchini.  The zucchini and spinach was from our AMAZING garden!     

I will do a full 6 month post once we go to the doc on Monday....I bet she's chunky :)



yep she just stood up from the steps on her own

mommy and daddy's 6 month celebration



she didn't like the mushroom and pushed it far over on her tray and then scowled at it


cheers daddy

brushing teeth

     

2 comments:

  1. "don't help her" -tyler ha ha!

    love her face when she eats the bell pepper and love her rolls/sticking up hair in the teeth brushing picture.

    i am such a stalker of your blog, baby, and lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty sure I saw you just a couple of days ago...when did she turn into such a grown baby?!?! Highchair, tooth-brushing, STANDING (?!?), and eating :) It's so great! All these changes all at once are what cause the 6 month freak-out- since we b0th went through it at this exact age I am deeming it an official condition. :D

    ReplyDelete