Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Beginnings....

So...what's happening this first week of May??

1.  I am 28 weeks pregnant and have an appointment on Thursday so we will have pregnancy/belly updates then.  I'm sure not much has changed except my belly size.


2.  Rilyn and I planted some flowers last weekend and I can't wait for her to have the experience to watch them grow.


3.  Rilyn's 15 month appointment went well and she is doing everything she should be.  She is 32 inches tall which puts her in the 91% for height and she is 25 lbs 12 ounces which puts her in the 83% for weight.  I figured she had a growth spurt since most of her pants finally aren't too long, but we were pretty surprised to hear she was that high in the growth chart for her height.



4.  I snagged a really cute pair of shoes at a consignment shop close to us.  I love buying used clothes and shoes for Rilyn and myself.  Hello!  6 bucks for these babies!  I looked online to see how much they are new and it looks like they are around $45.00.  Do people actually pay that much for kids shoes???  If so, they are crazy...if you are one of those people I'm sorry if I offended you, but you are really CRAZY!


5. Rilyn loves to help and I try encouraging it as much as possible.  She helps feed the dogs (which will totally be her chore as soon as she stops eating it while she feeds it to them), vacuums, helps me put laundry away, and puts her clothes in the dirty basket.  Of course everything takes triple the time, but it entertains her and teachers her good lessons!


6.  MaKenna has an appointment for another MRI on Thursday.  6 weeks ago they found what they think is another tumor in the same spot so this MRI should help confirm if it is and if so how fast it is growing.  The idea is if it hasn't grown at all in 6 weeks they will come back in 6 weeks and do another MRI and go from there.  If it has grown...well...I guess we will wait and see what the doctors decide to do.  It is obvious radiation didn't work or increased her chances of getting more tumors and it is not chemo-sensitive so amputation would probably be the next step.  BUT...we are staying positive and hoping the spot is just that a spot (blood vessel).  Please add MaKenna and my sister and her husband to your prayers this week!


1 comment:

  1. Praying for sweet girl MaKenna! Praying for so much peace over their family and healing for her.

    Ok Anna you look super cute 28 weeks preggo-can't wait to meet that little munchkin and kiss her (2% likely it's a boy) to pieces! And Rilyn is so cute and naughty. I love that she helps/eats the dog food.

    Makes my day when this read a post from your blog :)

    ReplyDelete