Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall Fun, Family Fun, and Some News...

This last weekend we celebrated the soon to be arrival of fall, did some work around the house, and hung out with some of our peeps.

On Saturday, we went to Larkspur's first annual Harvest Festival.  It was a lot of fun with a lot of firsts for Rilyn.  She met a scarecrow, went in a bouncy house, sat in a helicopter, and wet down a big inflatable slide.  I didn't realize how high the slide was or her and I would not have attempted said slide.  She ended up liking it, but wimpy mama did NOT like the slide.  We love spending time in our little town and meeting our neighbors.













Grandma and Grandpa Decker came for a visit on Saturday night and brought us some pizza.  We were very thankful because we spent the afternoon working on the garage and were pretty tired.  As they were loading up Gigi (great grandma), Rilyn decided she was going home with them and got in her seat in their van so she ended up with an unplanned sleepover which was a treat for everyone :)

playing in Rilyn's tent
On Sunday, Ryan and Carly brought us lunch...needless to say we were well fed this weekend!  It was nice hanging out with them and seeing Ryan feeling good!  Carly wrote a very nice post dedicated to Rilyn and Ryder if you are interested: http://ryandcar.blogspot.com/2012/09/rilynryder-love.html
Here are a couple pictures I stole from their post:




In other news, I officially quit my job today!  I get to stay home with the kiddos and we couldn't be more excited.  I love being home with them and I am so truly blessed that I get to be home!  

1 comment:

  1. YAY for no more job!! Congratulations on the official blessing to stay at home with those 2 sweet babies. I was wondering what the news was. I thought to myself..."she can't possibly be pregnant yet" ha!

    Love the pics and that you 4 are enjoying your new home so much :)

    ReplyDelete