Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Long Overdue Update

Every night when I sit down I plan on blogging, but usually I am busy feeding a baby, unpacking, or just plain exhausted.

I won't lie and say this move 2 weeks after Ryder was born has been easy, but we are so dang blessed to have so many friends and family help out that I think it has gone as smoothly as possible and after just 1 week are settled into our new home.

Rilyn has adjusted really well and seems to like her new house.  The dogs are obviously in heaven and LOVE their new yard a.k.a forest, Ryder could care less about the commotion and still is a super easy and chill baby, and Tyler and I love our new house and are overcoming some exhaustion.

I'm not lying when I say we have the best friends and family ever!  Our move and touch ups to the house took a lot of extra hands and we were never short on those.

On Friday (2 days after closing), Tyler and his dad came down and prepped the house for painting.  Thank you George!

On Saturday,  My whole house is painted and I didn't ever touch a paint brush....thank you George, Stacey, Jason, Ryan, and Carly for painting our whole dang house and making it look beautiful.

Also, my dad took two large loads of random things to the house so they weren't taking up space in the U-haul thanks dad!  And my mom helped me pack the entire house while helping me with the kids.  Thank you mom!

On Saturday night we had to take Ryder to the ER at 11:00 PM and were so thankful my parents were there to watch Rilyn...more on that later.

On Sunday, Yvonne and my mom helped me clean as much of the house as we could before the movers...Thank you Stacey, Jason, Clint, Megan, and Kendall!

The rest of the week my mom helped us unpack the entire house, cleaned the rental, and helped me adjust to life with 2 kids!  I'm so appreciative my mom was able to help me and be here this last week!

Then my dad came back this last weekend and we cleared out the backyard!  Thank you parents!

Seriously, I could keep going but this post is already going to be super long.  We are just so thankful for everyone that helped us pre and post move and we love you ALL!

Tyler has done so much work in the last week and I just love him so much and I am thankful for him and all the hard work he has put into making this dream a reality!

Ryder will be a month in 3 days and I hope to do a post then, but just so everyone knows we had an ultrasound done and he does not have a hernia.  So now we just give the fluid a year to resolve itself and if that doesn't happen then he will have surgery.  We are so happy that he doesn't have a hernia and is a healthy and happy boy.

We've also done tons of updating to the house already and can't wait to post more on that.

For now, here are some pics of the move and my parents visit.  Rilyn is so in love with her papa and I'm pretty sure he is her best friend.

Rilyn enjoying her lunch in the middle of packing

Papa and his boy

Rilyn "helping" us clean the fridge

Taking a quick break before moving the boxes in




Our little mover

Napping during the move

Enjoying our first night on the deck



boxes, boxes, boxes

Everything piled in our garage

Our neighbor the bear...he was hanging out across our road one morning, which made it difficult to get the dogs our or leave!


Trixie loves the papasan chair, especially when it's in the sun

Finally unpacked the cloth diapers




exploring our new park


ready to do some yard work

hanging with papa

first bath together 
we live in the country - clothes are optional...shoes are not!

a pre-bedtime stroll with her dog


tummy time




1 comment:

  1. All these pictures blessed me SO much!! Love the house, Rilyn, Ryder, you and Ty and all that the Lord is doing in your lives. What a blessing this house and new season of life is.

    Also, your parents just glow when they hold Rilyn and Ryder. I love seeing pics of them with their grandbabies :)

    ReplyDelete