Saturday, March 7, 2015

Cinderella

I'm going to start off this post by saying, "I totally eat my words." Yep, I do.  When Rilyn was born and we knew we actually would be raising a girl after all I was completely against anything princess. I'm not sure why but anything princess, especially Disney princess, made me want to gag and there was no way my daughter was going to want to be a princess.  Now, don't get me wrong I still have plenty of qualms with Disney movies, but when your girl loves something your heart changes a little to make her happy.  And Rilyn loves being a princess, as well as a pirate, a mom, a teacher, a dancer, a dog owner, and a shocker (that is someone that shoots things).  In general she loves playing pretend and twirling in dresses is constantly in our rotation of fun activities.  She has only seen Frozen, Tangled, and some Tinkerbell movies, so she actually doesn't know too many princesses but most wear pretty twirly dresses so who cares about their names.

Last weekend, Rilyn and I had a girls day out.  Lunch at Red Robin (her choice), a tea party complete with tea sets, every Disney princess imaginable, Prince Charming, and a production of Cinderella at a high school in Castle Rock.

Rilyn got to wear make-up, get her hair curled, and wear a dress fit for a princess.  She was very excited about the make-up and has asked every day since to put some on.  She could go without her hair being curled and wanted to be done within about 2 minutes of me messing with her hair.









I think the tea party may have been her favorite.  She was a little shy with the princesses at first.



Of course, she warmed up on her own time and after we sat down would occasionally tell me she needed to go and talk to a princess.  Without me of course.

She wanted to tell Elsa that, "You ran away from Anna and that wasn't nice."



She also told Ariel thank you for the note she left her at the table where we were sitting.




Rilyn may have been the only girl that loved the cookies, scones, and other delish desserts more than the princesses.  She ate tons.  She also wanted tea not apple juice but of course didn't like the tea.








During the tea party, it was announced that Prince Charming was going to try the glass slipper on all the princesses to find his princess.  All the little girls ran up in excitement except Rilyn who so graciously pointed out, "Hey Charming!  Cinderella is right there." Pointing to Cinderella.  Ha, she was not letting any guy touch her feet.

The play was a good 2 hours and Rilyn was entranced the whole time.  It really was put on very well and I enjoyed it too.  It actually may have been most favorite of days ever with Rilyn. We had so much fun and was such a special time with my girl.  I love that we get the opportunity to make each kid feel special on occasion.


2 comments: