Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Whenever You're Ready

I haven't posted in a while.  There's a very simple explanation.  I'm on total lock down mode.

The room has been ready for a while.  We now have 3 baby changing stations strategically placed throughout the house that are fully functional and stocked with all the necessities.  The breast pump has been purchased (Fantasy Football Winnings).  We have even changed our bedding in preparation of a baby that could get lost in a huge, puffy, green, flowery comforter.

Instead of enjoying the playoffs with some adult beverages, I have been on high alert, sans a buzz, anxiously waiting for the breaking of the bag of waters.  Side note...Bag of Waters?  I don't get it.  Are there multiple bags, or multiple types of water?

Today at work my phone began vibrating, so I pulled it out to find a reminder...Baby.  Then, I looked up and I had an email from my baby mama.  She was wishing me a happy Baby Due Date.

Only thing that's missing is this dang baby.

We were instructed to prepare to look forward to our due date, and prepare to wave it goodbye, but now that it's here, I have to be honest.

I'm a little bugged.

I've never held a newborn.  I always figured I'm not willing to break your baby.  Mine, I can break, and I'm looking forward to it.

I've never changed a diaper, but already have a little song prepared for the occasion (which will inevitably make baby mad).  Anna even knows to give me my space and let me figure it out, even if it takes me an hour, 3 diapers, and 40 wipes.

I can't wait to be a dad, but more than that I can't wait to see how amazing of a mom Anna will be.  I can't tell you how many horror stories I've heard from people about how rough pregnancy can be.  I don't know if Anna's was easier than most, but her excitement and attitude has been so contagious.

She'll be awesome.  You have no idea.

Maybe bugged is the wrong word, I'm just ready to meet this kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment