Sunday, October 16, 2011

October Ramblings

Some things that have entertained me lately...

I am proud to admit that I have had a hickey on my calf, ankle, and shoulder.  For some reason Rilyn Grace has not figured out that milk does not come from a calf, ankle or shoulder. 

I can also report that I watched while Rilyn Grace pulled my leg hair out of it's roots.  It hurt a little bit, but all I could think is "My God...she's strong".

I've always thought myself as a disciplinarian.  Thing is, it's hard to punish when you can't stop giggling.  

My daughters name is also no longer Rilyn.  It is now Rilyn Grace. 

You're thinking...why does he now call her Rilyn Grace?

There are only 2 groups of people that get called by their first and middle name.  Those from the durty South, (purposeful misspelling) and trouble makers. 

Rilyn Grace, is a trouble maker

She's frackin mobile now.  I always thought it would be fun when she started crawling and pulling herself up on things.  I was very wrong.  I feel like Rocky who was always on the guard for the Russian's right hook.  Honestly, it's exhausting.

No, the dog bone has no business in your mouth.

No, if you slam a red pentagon into the window, it may break.

No, if you continue pulling on the window blind cords, it'll probably fall on your face. 

No,even though there is dog puke on the third stair, you should not climb for it

The dang problem is Rilyn Grace thinks that the work NO means "if I smile first it's clearly ok". 

I'd bet ten bucks that no good disciplinarion is capable of good reprimands when they have to compose themself for serious disciplining because they can't stop laughing.  

Seriously, trying to teach a kid boundaries that thinks everything is a game makes me want to move to Yemen. 

Since tickets to Yemen are quite pricey, I guess I'll hang around a bit more.

Some other ramblings.

Did you see the last blog post with Rilyn Grace on the back of a tricked out tricycle?  Lucky for me, the camera missed me passing Joaquin a condom. 

Just kidding.  I already bought Rilyn a promise ring.  I also plan on instilling a serious fear of pre-marital sex.  

My daughter is already way cooler than I ever was.  Back in the day I remember trying to win a sweet pair of Con Chuck Taylor's.  I didn't win.  Anna just bought a pair of sweet Chuck Taylor's for Rilyn Grace.  Her hooping days are still ahead, and I'm on the down swing.

I was on a Wog (have walk, half jog) the other day.  From what I've learned about wog path etiquette, when someone is coming your way, you can either give them a wave, or a head nod.  I tried to attempt the head nod to a 12 year old on a scooter.  He was not amused.  He stared me down to the point that I broke eye contact.  He continued staring until I was well beyond his physical reach.  I refused to look back because you never know what kind of paraphernalia you can hide on a scooter. 




3 comments:

  1. Okay, I just threw up in my mouth...you are lucky I love you, Tyler Ray! That's right, I just used both your first and [what I am pretty sure is your] middle name- trouble maker! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana - I know I tried talking him out of the condom comment but he doesn't listen to me....And that totally is his middle name...how do you remember that stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL he is too funny.

    I think the teacher in me is why I remember names!

    ReplyDelete