Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Getting Ready

Right now the two words that are always on my mind are "getting ready."  Getting ready for moving, a baby, and renting.  I am actually not feeling that stressed about any of it and for the reason we have an amazing family who will do anything to help out.

Last week Grandma and Grandpa Decker took Rilyn for almost 2 full days so I could get some packing done.  It's so nice to spend some time getting stuff done and knowing Rilyn is having the time of her life.  I was pretty amazed at how much we could pack ahead of time.  I figure the less packing I have to do at 6 weeks postpartum the better.  And to make it even better Stacey came to help me pack and we got all of this done!  There is no way I would have gotten even half of that done without her.

One thing I try to do is keep the house as clean as possible when expecting a baby.  This is hard for me in the sense I don't know when this baby will come.  If he/she comes tomorrow our house is clean and ready.  If it comes in two weeks it will be in need of a cleaning again.  So, I try to do things everyday but honestly, it is taking me a lot longer to get things done and I tire a lot more quickly.  But, Rilyn has proved to be quite the little helper and her and I keep at it everyday.
"helping" with laundry

cleaning out the dog crates
Yesterday Carly came over and walked with me and took pictures of our house so we can get it posted to rent.  It's really nice to have someone to walk with since I've been trying to do it most days and some days can be tiring, but not when you have someone to chat with.  Also, Carly did such a great job of making our house look cozy and nice and I think we will have lots of people interested with pictures like these!








Last but not least my amazing husband has been spoiling me rotten...blizzards, trips to the frozen yogurt bar, and tonight home made Pzookies.  What's a Pzookie you ask???  It's warm cookies topped with ice cream and it is delicious.  Plus, we had them the night I went into labor with Rilyn so I think he was hoping for a little good luck charm to work it's magic.  We are both starting to get anxious to meet this little one and it keeps tricking me into thinking it's coming with lots of contractions, but so far they stop as soon as I sit down or go to sleep.

We still have a lot of getting ready to do but knowing I can call on our family for anything makes it so easy and actually lots of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment