Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Kitchen Redo

Today we finished the kitchen redo that we've been working on....and nope I don't mean our kitchen, I'm talking about Rilyn's play kitchen...her Christmas present that has been a work in progress for about 3 months now.

I kept seeing these really cute kitchens that people have made out of random furniture like end tables and entertainment centers.  I realized that I was definitely not that talented nor did I have the time to actually complete one of those projects so I went on the search for a used kitchen that I could just buy.

And then I found the used kitchen, but boy did it need some work.



Rilyn and I spent some time cleaning it, which she really enjoyed, and then I hid it from her so she wouldn't see it again until Christmas.



So, it's been painted, fabric has been mod podged to the back, new burners, a new faucet, and some knobs later - we have a kitchen....





I don't love the faucet, it's much bigger than I thought it would be.  I also have some little details I still want to add eventually like maybe a chalkboard on the side like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mycrayonbox/3999677018/in/pool-1000474@N22/lightbox/

Either way, I'm happy it's done and excited to give it to Rilyn.  

2 comments:

  1. This is the best present ever Anna! So adorable! Love those colors and how beautiful you made it. The faucet is great-not too big in my opinion. Makes it more accessible to her I think.

    What an awesome project that she will always remember!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally catching up with your blog! Love this! You did a great job and I am sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete