Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My 30th....

So, my 30th birthday has come and gone!  It was a great celebration thanks to my husband and friends!  I am fine being 30, although I was fine being in my 20's too!  My mom on the other hand is having a hard time with me being 30, and now I can relate.  I cry when Rilyn turns a month older!  It makes me think about how I want Rilyn to feel when she is 30. 
I hope Rilyn looks back on her childhood and thinks to herself...I am so blessed to have my family and the memories I associate with them, I had a lot of good times, I had a lot of bad times but I learned from those! That's what I'm thinking!
I hope that she can look back at her 20's and say wow I had lots of fun, met some life-long friends, traveled, met the love of my life, and accomplished some life goals.
I know I did!
More importantly I hope Rilyn looks towards her future.  That's what I'm doing!
One thing I've learned...dwelling on the past is not healthy.  Wanting time to slow down...is definitely not healthy because it doesn't happen!  I looking forward to our future. I have an amazing husband, a beautiful daughter, an amazing family and now extended family with the Deckers, and I have Jesus!  There is nothing else I need, and now I can just enjoy EVERY single day and EVERY single moment, just looking forward to the next one.
Having a birthday is not something to dread it's something to celebrate!  I'm going to embrace being 30, and spend every moment of it praising the Lord and loving on my family and friends.  Or at least I am going to try!








1 comment: