Saturday, February 18, 2012

1st Swim Lessons

This morning we went to Rilyn's first swim lessons.  The good news is she can now swim all by herself and I don't have to get in the pool...ya right...but I wish :)

The class was pretty silly we just sang two songs and then the kids got to "swim" with their parents, so really I could just take her to the pool and not pay for swim lessons, but this will get us there more consistently so this summer she (hopefully) enjoys the pool.

She didn't hate the water, but she also didn't love it.  She is kind of a wimp (like her mama) when it comes to cold water so she shivered the whole time and tried to cuddle.  She really started liking it towards the end though and REALLY loved watching the other kids.

My favorite part was her cloth swim diaper!  We hadn't used it yet, and it worked perfect.  I think I spent like $7.00 bucks on it and we can use it over and over.  A pack of swim diapers is like $12.00 and I would imagine going through those like crazy in the summer so I'm pretty pumped about saving some money (for more stupid swim lessons) with our cloth swim diaper.  Plus, it is pretty darn cute.

Can't wait for next week!







trying to get out of the water after 5 minutes


daddy PLEASE can I come out with you???

safe and warm in daddy's arms

on our way home...

No comments:

Post a Comment