Thursday, February 2, 2012

Amazing

I think a while back I had a blog where I basically said (in the perfect 2 year old voice).

Nah Nah.

Seriously (and think on this, this is purely selfish and his little/nothing to do with our kid).

My wife rocks my world.  In so many ways.

Unfortunately, we got knocked up before we really knew what we were doing pregnancy/kid wise.
  • Did you know that my amazing wife gave birth to our kid without a single dose of a pain killer?
    • And yeah, she one upped her own darn self and was back home 5 hours after birth.
Unfortunately, love dictated that the two of us married into a substantial portion of debt.  Credit cards, car payments, and a lifestyle that is crippling long term.
  • Did you know that my amazing wife paid off a ton of credit card debt in under 3 years?
    • And yeah, she one upped her own darn self and paid off her car 2 months later.
Unfortunately, based on our crappy as H E Double Hockey Sticks credit report, our debt, and general financial situation, we should have been forced to rent for the next 15 years.
  • Did you know that my amazing wife purchased us a house to live in, one that we own, one that we can afford?
    • And yeah, she one upped her own darn self and put together a plan to put away money in savings, and even a college fund for Rilyn.

Unfortunately, in this McDonald's production line driven world of streamlined (see "unhealthy") food, and lets be honest, life, our choices are so, so (and another parenthesis "so") limited.
  • Did you know that my amazing wife is H E Double Hockey Sticks bent on making our food as healthy as it can be?
    • And yeah, she one upped her own darn self and I'd bet we cook more food from scratch than you can imagine (tip of the iceberg...have you ever boiled a pot of beans?).
Unfortunately, we've been programmed to believe that the only way to make your house clean is to pump it full of chemicals (which may or may not be harmful).
  • Did you know my amazing wife has implemented cleaning with basically vinegar and baking soda?
    • And yeah, she one upped her own darn self, and I swear that after a good cleaning I don't feel like I'm going to cough up a Lysol lung.
I wish I had something more clever, but I don't.

Nah Nah.

1 comment:

  1. This is the best post I've ever read about a husband who loves and appreciates his wife. And best post about a wife who respects and serves her husband.

    Great way to start off the morning! H E double hockey sticks yeah.

    ReplyDelete