Tuesday, August 14, 2012

1 Week Old

Today Ryder is 1 week old.  Time is of course flying by and we are loving having a newborn around.  Yesterday we had him weighed and he was  7 lbs 12 ounces, which is great because he was down to 7 lbs 7 ounces on his 2 day appointment.  The little dude was not at all interested in eating and just wanted to sleep.  But that has changed!

The week has gone very smoothly thanks to family and friends and of course Tyler who has taken over every aspect of the house, Rilyn, and dogs so I can recover and focus on Ryder.  Not to mention doing everything with the new house.  What a stud I am married too.  Tyler and Rilyn have had lots of fun together!  She has helped him make tons of meals and can't seem to get enough cooking in.


I am savoring having a newborn even more so because I know how fast time flies and I just want to snuggle him as much as possible before he is Rilyn's age and doesn't want snuggles anymore.  So far he is a super easy baby and sleeps most of the time.  He fusses when he is hungry and then usually goes right back to sleep.



He eats about every 2 - 3 hours and I have had to wake him up a couple times during the day if he has gone longer.  I wouldn't wake him at night obviously but at night he eats every 2 hours and definitely has more of an appetite. He is sleeping with us and I know he wakes up more because he is laying next to me and that reminds him he might be hungry.  Even though I am up a little more with us co-sleeping for me it beats getting up and feeding him.  Plus, I love snuggling so close to him for so long!


Rilyn is doing awesome and has had a few moments of "new baby behavior" but is still sleeping well (knock on wood) and has been nothing but sweet to Ryder.  She kisses him 100 times a day, helps me wipe his bottom every diaper change, and makes sure he never leaves his socks on.  She is talking more and more every day and is also getting sillier every day.  She sure likes to make people laugh.







Being a mom of 2 is just as amazing as I thought it would be if not more amazing.  Ryder just brings so much love to our home and I'm so grateful that I get to be his mommy!






Oh and just for comparison here is Rilyn at 1 week old


2 comments:

  1. So many pictures to love in this post!! Sweetest Decker family! Loving how handsome Ryder is and he looks a lot more like Rilyn at 1 week than I thought. And please tell him good job on eating more :)

    What amazing parents you and Ty are. I hope we are that cool one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carly - I agree they do look a lot alike except Rilyn had tons more hair. You better believe you will be as cool as us!

      Delete