Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What's in a name?

Hello Friends,

I've heard your snickering and nay-saying all the way over here.  That's right, I've heard it over the ambulances and drive by shootings that decorate our Aurora air.

I feel forced to put my retort in writing.

I completely understand some of you questioning why I'd choose to name our newest Ryder.  I'll even go as far to admit that your reasoning is not unsound.

What you don't understand is that to be perfectly honest, you just don't get it.

This post is dedicated to all you nay-sayers.  I have something to say back to you.

You say Rilyn and Ryder sound to similar.

NAY

Even though I've already called Rilyn Ryder, and Ryder Rilyn 12 times, do you think I had any choice in the matter?

Have you met Rilyn?

What do you think would have happened if we named Ryder something sensitive like Ethan (No Offense Ethan)?

I'll tell you exactly what would have happened.

Rilyn would have walked all over him.

Believe me, I've already played the scenario out in my head when I come home from work and Rilyn has him in drag.  That scenario does not end well for the planet.

Would a dude named Ryder ever let his big sister (no matter how strong she is) ever put make-up on him?

Would a dude named Ryder ever willingly join the Thespian club?

Would a dude named Ryder ever hop over a puddle of mud when he could part the puddle of mud with his mind?

H E Double Hockey Sticks no.

Consider that point dispelled.

You say now we're stuck having to do a Ry sounding name for any future Decker.

NAY

Do you think I should have not named him something so manly just to avoid this tiny little issue.

Let me fill you in on a few things that have happened since Ryder has joined us.

As I was unpacking our birth bag I noticed a tiny piece of paper.  As I unwrapped the piece of paper it looked like 2 separate sets of lips had kissed the piece of paper.  I could tell this because there were bright red lip marks on the paper that smelled like bubble gum.  Written on the piece of paper was the name and number of both the midwife and nurse.

People, both of these lovely ladies are married!

On the car ride home every car we passed literally was blown off of the road with tsunami like winds (although in even freakier fashion, no car was damaged in the slightest and no injuries were reported).

True story.

I've had a parade of angry parents at my door complaining of panties literally disintegrating into thin air.  Doesn't matter if they're of legal age or 100.  For some reason, Ryder melts panties (in a gentlemanly fashion).

Besides, there's really one of two ways to go with this.  We either completely boom roast our third and name it something very common, like Frank, or we just have to come up with another awesome name.

Do I need to reference the Arya post?

Consider that point dispelled.

What else do you have to say?  I welcome further nay-saying in the comments.

4 comments:

  1. Well Ryan says that he gets it. He gets that you couldn't just out right name your children "Ryan" because that favoritism would be far too obvous. So Rilyn and Ryder will simply have to do in showing your love and devotion to him. What a legacy.

    Also I enjoyed this post very much and knew I was in for a treat. NO melted panties in Golden but I know Ryder is a stud just by the mere fact that he left you all waiting for 2 weeks.

    Finally, I expect your next two children to be named same Car sounding name...to even it all out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. Let's not let the rest of the family in on our little secret though.

      And don't lie, Ry told me the truth.

      So are you saying our next kid should be named Carya?

      Delete
  2. I'm just realizing Arya has RY in it, too, so you are all set :)

    The part about the ambulances and shootings made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why didn't I think of that?

      Win win!

      As for the Aurora noises, I hear ya. 1 week and counting!

      Delete