Sunday, August 5, 2012

41 Weeks 2 Days...and HOPEFULLY in labor

Tyler and I have spent the weekend hoping and waiting for labor to come!  On Friday I had an appointment in which they did a stress test and an ultrasound to check fluid levels both of which the baby passed with flying colors.  We also had our 41 week appointment where they stripped my membranes to try to get things moving.  I hadn't dilated anymore since our last appointment and we wanted to see if we could move things along since the birth center won't let us go past 42 weeks.

With Rilyn, they also stripped my membranes since my blood pressure was a little high.  I was in labor within 8 hours and we had a baby the next day.  I think we just assumed this would be the same case and we would have a baby on Friday or early Saturday.  Rilyn was with grandma, the dogs were taken care of, snacks and drinks prepared, and bags in the car.  We rested TONS and waited for labor to start.  We waited and waited and nothing.....

Last night I even ate a whole pineapple because I read that sometimes pineapple would start contractions.  Hey it can't hurt right?  Obviously it did not induce labor as I was still pregnant when I woke up this morning.

Today around 11 I started having contractions with a little punch to them.  They haven't stopped but they also haven't progressed.  So, they've been averaging 8 minutes apart and lasting about 30 seconds for 9 hours.  Not at all what I imagined for my second labor.  Especially since it happened so quickly with the 1st.  We've been in contact with our midwife and she thinks we are in labor but thinks things won't pick up until later tonight when most moms go into labor.  She also gave me some poses to try because the baby may not be in the best birth position yet and may be trying to get there before labor actually starts.

So, Tyler and I are going to get going on these poses and then headed to bed.  Grandma Decker is here for Rilyn and so we are set to go.  If I wake up pregnant tomorrow morning there will be one cranky lady in this household!

Wish us luck and like I keep saying..."bring on those labor pains I am so ready!"

                                                Rilyn sitting on my big preggo belly
Rilyn taking Trixie for  a walk



1 comment:

  1. I hope this is it! Good luck- I am keeping my fingers crossed :D

    ReplyDelete