Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August Ramblings

Hello Friends,

It's been some time since I last rambled.  Maybe it's my mild annoyance with the delay in meeting our soon to be second born, but regardless, I'm feeling a little feisty.

Know how I know this kid is destined to be more like it's mom?  We are 4 days past our due date with no real signs that labor is imminent.  Some might call that late.

Anna has never met an appointment she couldn't be late for.  She has made amazing strides in this department and I am very appreciative of that, but facts are facts.

Is it weird that my favorite part of bath time is trying to get as many foam bath letters stuck to Rilyn's body without her noticing as I possibly can?

My record is 4.

A new twist on this timeless game is getting the letter O stuck right to the middle of her back.  I also make sure I do this so she can see it.  Watching her squirm around trying to get it off is good for many laughs.

And yes, I'm a horrible bully, but to be honest, I couldn't stop if I wanted to.

Oh yeah, I've also been experimenting putting an ice cube down the back of her diaper.  I started with her shirt, but the dang thing kept falling out.

Know what else drives me absolutely crazy?   The Olympics.

I just don't understand why so many people get excited for these "sports".  You know the events.  Swim in a straight line.  Run in a circle.  Hop around on a 2X4.  It makes no sense.  To me it's like the specialization of athletic ability.

Not to mention the million completely made up sports.

Have you ever seen women's handball?  YouTube it or something.  The only thing missing is the break in action while you wait for your neighbor to drive by your street corner.

Fencing?  Now I know you're all thinking it's kind of like sword fighting.  To that I say nope.  It's like ballet with toothpicks, only toothpicks would at least provide the drama of someone potentially getting hurt.  When the "contestants" are having to physically bend their "sword" back to being kinda straight, any sort of excitement evaporates.

Don't worry though I've saved my contempt for 1 last "sport"

Equestrian?  As in horses jumping over things.  Someone tell me why a human being gets an Olympic medal for the superhuman ability to STAY ON A HORSE.  It's not like the horses get medals, you know the beings with any shred of athletic ability.

Seriously.  What's next?

Clearly, I have some ideas.

Olympic Limbo?

Olympic Arm Wrestling?

Olympic Checkers?

I'm utterly convinced that the tiniest country in the world could probably win the medal count by simply mastering the quirky lame Olympic events and medaling gold, silver, and bronze in each of them.

Lastly, I'm now annoyed that I have been trying to not capitalize the O in Olympics this entire post and for some reason spell check thinks it needs to be capitalized.

I suppose that is enough for now!

Stay tuned for a post Baby Decker post soon and (hopefully) some updates on the coming move to Larkspur.


No comments:

Post a Comment