Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Take 1

On our traveling years we have to celebrate Christmas a few times to get it all in.  We decided to do our Christmas last night which entails appetizers, Christmas music, gift opening, and usually a Christmas movie.

The kids had so much fun opening gifts and are so grateful for what they receive.  We still do the 4 gifts (something they want, need, read, and wear) and that works out so well for our family.  I usually do a 5th gift too (something they share).  I would totally go overboard if I didn't limit myself this way and it also makes me be very thoughtful about the gifts I purchase.  

Sawyer just wanted to eat the paper and got pretty mad at me when I would take it away from him. He didn't care about any of his gifts obviously, but the other two were pretty excited about most of his as well as their own.

Tyler and I LOVE our families and they are so generous during the holidays but we both feel that the Christmas with just the 8 of us (ha gotta include the dogs) is our favorite.  It's relaxing and just a very special time for us.  We loved it when it was just the two of us and is even more special with kids. Yesterday a couple of us stayed in our pajamas all day and I'm pretty sure Rilyn never brushed her hair.  It's a laid back kind of time and that is something we throughly enjoy!




Sawyer is a master temper tantrum thrower already.  He was mad because I moved the present a little too far away for his liking







Playing with their new easel.  


Rilyn and her baby in their matching clothes.  She is really into matching right now!


Today we had all the Deckers over to our house for Christmas Take 2!  We had a pot luck brunch which included among many yummy things cinnamon rolls made by Yvonne (YUM) and a crock pot full of hot chocolate.  We all got lots of goodies and enjoyed spending time with everyone.  Although we have decided that currently none of us have a house big enough for Christmas with the Deckers.

Can't wait to celebrate more Christmas when it's actually Christmas ya know!  I don't think I could get tired of it


No comments:

Post a Comment