Sunday, February 8, 2015

A Big 4 Year Celebration

Rilyn turned 4 on the 21st of January and we had lots of fun to celebrate our girl.

But just a quick side note...I'm only celebrating 4 because I have too.  Really??  How is it possible that she is closer to school age than a baby?  I know it's a glorious thing that kids grow up but I'm really not happy with how quickly it's flying by.  For some reason 4 has been tough on me and I might still be crying all of a sudden at weird moments like when a first grader told me he was six today and that made me think how soon she will be six and yep I had to turn away so the weirdo sub didn't start crying in front of the kids.

Ugh...I'm happy she is a healthy, smart, caring, and fun girl, and I don't want that to change...I mean have you ever met a 12 year old...yuck!  Just kidding....mostly.

Anyways back to the celebrating part.

So, on her actual birthday she woke up to 4 Frozen themed balloons...probably could have stopped with that and she would have been a happy girl because she LOVES Frozen and LOVES balloons even more.  She spent the day answering my phone since she gets a billion love calls on her birthday.  I guess that happens when you have a lot of aunts and uncles that adore you :)  And she got to Skype with all her daycare friends in Montana.  They all sang happy birthday to her and she is still talking about it.
Apparently I didn't get any pictures of her and the balloons but Sawyer was pretty happy to play too.


That evening it was dinner at Red Robin - her choice - ya know because they give you a balloon, and presents at grandma and grandpa Deckers as well as at our house.





She had a great day and enjoyed spending time with family and talking to so many people on the phone.

That next Saturday we had a Frozen themed brunch for her and our families and friends.  We definitely had more people in our little house than we should have but I think it worked out for the most part, and I realized we need to start separating family and friend parties soon.  Especially for Rilyn, since it will always be too cold or at least too muddy to be outside.







We had a variety of bagels and cream cheeses, yogurt, cereal mix, and some egg casseroles.  As well as the favorite...chocolate milk.




The kids had fun creating an Olaf, wearing Frozen themed crowns,  getting tattoos, playing Pin the Nose on Olaf, and having a "snowball" toss.







Uncle Kendall surprised the kids with an Olaf costume and Ryder is still calling him Santa Olaf since you can sit on his lap and take pictures with him.





It was a great way to celebrate Rilyn.









No comments:

Post a Comment